10 months ago
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Bad to Worse to WONDERFUL!!!
So I thought I would give you an update on the boys. Since I posted last, things continued to go down hill. I vividly remember Davis screaming all day last Wednesday and Thursday. Fisher screamed a majority of those days too. And when I say all day I mean ALL day. The only time they weren't screaming was when a bottle was in their mouth. The hardest part for me was that I couldn't console them. I knew they were in pain, but there's nothing I could do about it. I tried everything I knew, but nothing worked. I called the doctor on Friday morning since they hadn't gotten better and they told me to hang in there that it usually takes a little while for them to get used to the milk. They also told me to start them on the Zantac. When hung up the phone, I wasn't a happy camper because I thought "hang in there"???? You're not listening to your 2 children whom you love dearly screaming to the point they can hardly breathe while there's nothing you can do about it. BUT I reminded myself that they are the experts and what other choice did I have. I gave them their first dose of Zantac midday on Friday and by Friday afternoon things were getting a little better. They weren't screaming anymore, they were just really fussy. They even took a few cat naps. That was definitely a step in the right direction. Saturday they did even better and on Sunday they did GREAT!!! We could put them in their bouncy seat or swing and they would just look around. They were so content. They even took naps for several hours at the time. I couldn't believe it. That's the first time I can remember that they napped for any length of time or would be content not being held since they were a few weeks old. Evan and I actually were able to unpack the first box of non-essentials. They did well all day and we went through a majority of the boxes in the garage. Things are WONDERFUL now! I don't know if it's the milk, the Zantac, or both, but something's working. I have the happiest baby boys!!!!!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
I'm so glad to hear your boys are better...they are two good-looking guys!
Thanks Judy!!! I miss you!!
Love, Nat
way to go on this one! Things will be so nice now!!!
Post a Comment