Thursday, July 24, 2008

Call Me Crazy!

While everybody else is trading in their gas guzzlers for smaller cars with better gas mileage, I just purchased one. But for VERY good reason. Those of you who have twins will know what I'm talking about, but have you ever tried to fit two infant carriers in a car or a mid-size SUV?? It doesn't work. To put them in my car I had to put one behind the drivers seat and one behind the passenger seat, but I had to move my seat so far up I could hardly press the clutch in. In the Jeep one would fit in the middle and one behind the passenger seat, but the seat had to be moved up so far no one could ride with me. Thus begin our search for a vehicle that would hold both carriers while allowing 2 people to ride in the front seat. After looking around, we decided that we would get a Tahoe. Then we realized that my stroller wouldn't fit in the back of it if the 3rd row was up. And if you can't ever use the 3rd row what's the point in having it. So we ended up buying a Surburban. The only difference when driving them is when you back up since the surburban is longer. Other than that they felt identical. So I'm now driving a small bus, but it works for us and our needs! I love it!

1 comment:

Judy Johnson said...

Gas prices are up, but the price of BIG vehicles is down, so I'd say your timing couldn't be better! How's that for reasoning?