Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Happy 15 months!

Fisher and Davis are 15 months today! It's amazing how time flies. They are all boy and stay busy all the time. I wish I had half the energy they do. They are both walking and running all over the place. They have become so much more independent lately. Before we left for the beach I wasn't comfortable leaving the room they were playing in, but they have matured so much over the past couple of weeks. I now feel completely comfortable letting them play in the den while I put a load of laundry in. They are starting to interact a lot more with each other, but they still mainly play by themselves. People always told me that my boys would have a unique connection from day one since they're twins, but up until now they really haven't paid attention to each other. I think they will start playing more and more together now that they're getting older. They go to bed between 7:00 and 7:30 and get up at 7:00 am. They take 2 short naps every day, but we are working towards one long one in the afternoon. We go for their 15 month check-ups on Friday and Monday. I used to take them at the same time, but once they were not in carriers anymore, it got way to hectic. I couldn't hear anything the doctor was saying because I was too busy trying to keep up with both of them. I'll post their stats after their check-ups so you can see how they're doing.

I am amazed every day by both of them. They are so different from each other. Not only in looks but in personality too. Both of them talk all the time, but it's in a different language. Sometimes Fisher will say "Day Day" for Davis. When we lay them down at night or put them down for a nap, they chat with each other for a little bit before going to sleep. I just put them down for a nap and as I type this they are both laughing hysterically about something. I wish I could get it on video, but I know they would stop as soon as I came in. I need to put a camera in their room. :-) They are both mama's boys right now. I really think it's because I have been home with them this summer. I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts because it won't be long until they don't want to snuggle and cuddle with me anymore. Being a mom is the best thing in thr world!

In honor of them turning 15 months today, they chose 15 things to share with you about them:

15 things about Davis:
1. My favorite thing to do is throw a ball. This gets me in trouble though sometimes because I get carried away with my throwing. I end up throwing sippy cups and toys too. My mommy got kind of upset the other day when I threw my piano down the hallway on the hardwoods. I wasn't mad, I just think it's really fun throwing things.
2. My favorite toy is a ball and my second favorite toy is anything Fisher has.
3. I am very sensitive. When my mommy or daddy tell me no my bottom lip starts to quiver and then I start crying and run to my mommy for a hug.
4. I love buttons and remotes. I turn the DVD player on and off about 50 times a day.
5. I have 8 teeth. (4 on top in the front, 2 top molars, and 2 bottom teeth)
6. I love to clap. Most of the time when I am walking around the house I am clapping.
7. I love to carry books around, but I am not interested in having them read to me.
8. I know the words ball, phone, paci, cup, Fisher, milk, and juice. I don't say them yet, but I can go get them if you ask me to.
9. I am a waterbug. I love getting in the bathtub and the swimming pool.
10. I love giving hugs and kisses.
11. When I get mad I squeeze my fists into tight balls and shake them. I still hold my breath sometimes, but my temper tantrums have gotten a lot better.
12. I love pulling up the air returns. My brother and I will sometimes work together on these. One of us will pull it up and the other one will throw something down in the hole. Mommy LOVES when we do that!
13. I am not a very picky eater. I eat pretty much everything, but meat is my least favorite. I discovered a few weeks ago how fun it is to throw my food on the floor, but my parents don't think it's very fun when I do that. I get in trouble, but what I keep trying to tell them is I am trying to share with Tucker.
14. I am not shy at all. The other day I jumped out of my mom's arms into a complete strangers arms. I could tell she was a grandma. I think I scared my mom though.
15. I love to play outside. I wish my mom would let us stay outside all day sometime. When she lets Tucker out I cry if I don't get to go out with him.


15 things about Fisher
1. I am very laid back. I let my brother take pretty much any toy from me that he wants unless it's one of my favorite books. It's no big deal. I just choose something else fun to play with.
2. I am very strong. The other day I was moving my daddy's 8 lb. dumbbells around the bonus room.
3. I love books. My favorites are Five Little Pumpkins and my Sesame Street books. I like for my parents to read them to me, but I also like to read them myself.
4. I love playing with trash cans and I love touching teeth. Mommy says that maybe that means I'll either be a garbage collector or a dentist. Of those two, I think she's hoping for the 2nd one.
5. I love music. My favorite thing to play with is my daddy's drum sticks, but I really will play with anything that makes noise. I love banging the sticks on the drums, but I quickly learned if you hit them on other things they will also make noise. I also love playing the piano and playing with my guitar.
6. I don't get mad very often, but when I get mad I let everyone know it. The other day Davis kept messing with me and he wouldn't stop. So finally I grabbed him on the arm and slung him on the ground. He didn't get hurt, but I showed him I was boss.
7. When mommy or daddy tell me no, I look at them and laugh and do it anyway. My mommy keeps saying next year when I go to school that's it's going to be interesting. She just hopes I don't get kicked out, whatever that means.
8. I have learned how to open doors. My mommy keeps all the doors shut downstairs so we can't get in to too much. But I have learned how to open them. Once I do I slip in and shut the door behind me like nothing happened.
9. I am fascinated with putting tops on things. Mommy gave me some cool whip and sour cream containers and I love putting the tops on and taking them off. I won't let Davis take these away from me either. :-)
10. I love to play outside and swing. I would stay outside all day if my parents would let me. I get upset when she lets Tucker out and I don't get to go out with him.
11. I love my Taggie ball. I sleep with it every night and when I get out of bed in the morning I like to carry it around for a little while until I really wake up.
12. I am very picky. I don't like any vegetables. I used to like carrots, but not anymore. I like meat, pasta, and potatoes on most days. But my mom can always count on me to drink my milk and eat my fruit. I LOVE it!
13. I really enjoy talking on the telephone. I hold it behind my head and walk around talking. Who do you think I learned this from? :-)
14. I am kind of bashful. When strangers try to talk to me, I turn my head and smile.
15. I just discovered that if I turn in circles very fast that I get dizzy. I laugh so much when I do this.

5 comments:

Brianne said...

I love it! I love how their little personalities come out! My mom says Brooke and I were that way. She was Davis because she was always taking my toys away but it was no big deal...I would just grab something else to play with. Your boys are precious!

Amy and Michael said...

I love the 15 favorite breakdown. Too cute! I love seeing the pictures and hearing what they are up to. I can't believe how big they are getting!

Tim & Gina said...

Oh, you are such a big boys already!! I love getting to know you better since I don't get to see you as much as I would like to! Ava Grace sends hugs!

Allison Stevens said...

I love that post. The boys have gotten so big and they are absolutely adorable. Hope all is well in Greenville!

Kelly said...

I hope your new school year is going well!