Davis and Fisher had their 4 month checkup last week. Everything went GREAT besides the shots. I felt so bad for them. The doctor called in 2 nurses so they could give the boys their shots at the same time. Both of them were laying on the table smiling so big at the nurses and then the shots started. It took several seconds for the pain to register and then they both started wailing. Davis' face was bright red and he couldn't catch his breath he was crying so hard. Obviously there's only one of me so I could only console one of the boys after their shots. They handed me Fisher and had another nurse try to console Davis. I felt so bad because I could not hold him. They both calmed down after a few minutes and I immediately gave them some Tylenol. Despite having the shots they did pretty well the rest of the afternoon and evening.
The doctor was really pleased with their growth. He said they were well on their way to catching up with non-preemie babies. They are now wearing 0-3months and even can wear a few 3-6 months. Fisher weighed 13.2 lbs. and Davis weighed 12.5 lbs.
9 months ago





No comments:
Post a Comment