Monday, February 2, 2009

Chaos

That word perfectly describes our life since Christmas. To all of you that follow my blog I'm so sorry I haven't posted in a while. I am hoping to be able to catch up this week and this weekend. Things have been extremely chaotic for us since Christmas. Davis has been not feeling well and has been extremely fussy. He was crying so much I started having flashbacks to when they were younger and both were screaming ALL day long. The doctor has diagnosed him with reflux and we have been trying to find a medicine that will work for him. Shortly after being diagnosed with reflux, both of the boys got really bad colds, which turned into ear infections so they were both put on antibiotics. After a week of being on the antibiotic Davis seemed to be feeling better, but Fisher was getting worse so I took him back to the doctor. We found out that the antibiotic didn't work so his previous ear infection had worsened and his other ear was now infected too. He was also diagnosed with a respiratory infection so they put him on steroids and told us to keep a close watch on his respirations. He is finally feeling better- thank goodness! The last time I was at the pediatrician's office I told them they just needed to set up a bed for us in the back. :-) I think over the past 2 weeks we've been to the doctor 4 or 5 times. We go back tomorrow for their 9 month checkup, an ear recheck, and to discuss Davis's reflux so I am hoping tomorrow will be our last visit for a while. Even though we've had several extremely chaotic weeks, I'm thankful that they have only been sick twice. That's pretty good for being 9 months old. I'll post more soon. Time for baths, bottles, and bed...

1 comment:

Anne said...

Hope he feels better and life calms down soon!!