We had a wonderful Christmas and we hope that you did as well. Christmas is my favorite holiday because I enjoy getting to spend quality time with family and friends. Some of the other holidays feel rushed to me, but I always feel like at Christmas we truly get to enjoy spending time together, which is one of my favorite things to do.
This Christmas was particularly meaningful because there were a lot of firsts for our family. This was the boys FIRST Christmas, which was so special because they will never have another first Christmas. I will always cherish the memories of how excited they were playing in the wrapping paper. Out of all the presents the boys received their favorite thing by far was the wrapping paper. :-)
This was our FIRST Christmas in our new house. I love to decorate for Christmas and I really haven't been able to in the past. We had a tree in our condo, but we were limited on space so we couldn't do much decorating. I have always wanted to have 2 Christmas trees, a fun (meaning colored lights) one and a pretty (meaning white lights) one. This year I had two trees and I absolutely LOVED it!
For the FIRST time Evan and I cooked a fabulous lunch on Christmas day. It ended up taking longer than expected so I didn't get a picture of the meal beforehand because we were starving, but I did manage to take a picture of the remnants. We roasted fresh organic chickens, had garlic mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts and for dessert, caramel turtle brownies. We also celebrated with a nice bottle of white wine. It was DELICIOUS!!
For the FIRST time Katherine, Lesley, and I did our Christmas celebration with the kids. Things have changed a lot since last Christmas. There were only 2 kids last year and this year there were 5. Next year we will have 6 kids altogether. WOW! We had a great time, but it was a little chaotic! Lesley had given all of our munchkins matching outfits so we dressed them alike and attempted to take a picture. When you see the picture you have to remember that there were 5 kids under the age of 2 1/2. Ha, ha! They actually did better than I thought they would. Afterward, we said that next year we might do a nice quiet girls lunch. :-) We'll see...
We had lots of Christmas celebrations so it will take me a little while to post all of them, but check back regularly for updates. I hope you enjoy!
This Christmas was particularly meaningful because there were a lot of firsts for our family. This was the boys FIRST Christmas, which was so special because they will never have another first Christmas. I will always cherish the memories of how excited they were playing in the wrapping paper. Out of all the presents the boys received their favorite thing by far was the wrapping paper. :-)
This was our FIRST Christmas in our new house. I love to decorate for Christmas and I really haven't been able to in the past. We had a tree in our condo, but we were limited on space so we couldn't do much decorating. I have always wanted to have 2 Christmas trees, a fun (meaning colored lights) one and a pretty (meaning white lights) one. This year I had two trees and I absolutely LOVED it!
For the FIRST time Evan and I cooked a fabulous lunch on Christmas day. It ended up taking longer than expected so I didn't get a picture of the meal beforehand because we were starving, but I did manage to take a picture of the remnants. We roasted fresh organic chickens, had garlic mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts and for dessert, caramel turtle brownies. We also celebrated with a nice bottle of white wine. It was DELICIOUS!!
For the FIRST time Katherine, Lesley, and I did our Christmas celebration with the kids. Things have changed a lot since last Christmas. There were only 2 kids last year and this year there were 5. Next year we will have 6 kids altogether. WOW! We had a great time, but it was a little chaotic! Lesley had given all of our munchkins matching outfits so we dressed them alike and attempted to take a picture. When you see the picture you have to remember that there were 5 kids under the age of 2 1/2. Ha, ha! They actually did better than I thought they would. Afterward, we said that next year we might do a nice quiet girls lunch. :-) We'll see...
We had lots of Christmas celebrations so it will take me a little while to post all of them, but check back regularly for updates. I hope you enjoy!
Christmas at Nana and Granddaddy's
Christmas at Nana and Granddaddy's is very chaotic and we love it. We get together with my grandparents and my mom's sisters, brother and all of the kids. There's about 40 of us all together and the family still continues to grow. Next year we will have at least one more little one. All of the kids open their presents first, then the adults, and then the adults do a Chinese gift exchange. It's a lot of fun and even though traveling for the boys was really hard this year, we wouldn't have missed it. I've been a part of this family tradition my whole life and Evan has been a part of it for close to 10 years.





No comments:
Post a Comment